Setting Up Cron Job in cpanel
BW Creative write daily blog about the various tutorials and how to guides. Today We are sharing about Setting Up Cron Job in cpanel.
Setting Up Cron Job in cpanel is not a just big deal. Today, We will tell you step by step how to assign cron job using cpane.
What is Cron :
The software utility Cron is a time-based job scheduler in Unix-like computer operating systems. People who set up and maintain web environments use cron to schedule jobs (commands or shell scripts) to run periodically at fixed times, dates, or intervals. You can use cron job to send sms automatically for birthday reminder, daily automated backup of your web database.
Setting Up Cron Job in cpanel:
- Login to cpanel by visiting http://yourdomain.com/cpanel. for example, your domain name is abc.com, then you can access your cpanel by visiting http://abc.com/cpanel
- Go to Advanced Tab where you will see cron jobs
- Be sure to update your email id to get updates when your cron job will be executed
- Select Common settings, if you want to execute the job at standard time like twice a day, once a month. for Birthday reminder, you must select once a day
- all other settings will be autofilled, if you select common settings
- In command textbox, you should enter the command or url that you want to execute at specific interval
/usr/bin/php -q /home/username/public_html/yourfilename.php
use your php file name instead of yourfilename.php with full path
- Click on Add new cron job.
- Your jobs will be listed under current cron jobs tab.