Transfer Domain from one account to another Godaddy
Godaddy is the world’s largest domain registrar. In today’s post, we are sharing how to transfer Domain from one account to another Godaddy. Many times, we registered our domains using other account in order to save amount or accidentally. But no need to worry, we can transfer Domain from one account to another Godaddy or say, we can change domain registrant account by using following step.
In order to Transfer Domain from one account to another Godaddy, you will need following ‘
- Customer Number for both accounts
- Password for both Accounts.
Steps to Transfer Domain from one account to another Godaddy:
- first of all, login to My Account at Godaddy
- you will see all your product listed (Domain, Hosting, Email, SSL etc)
- Click on Domains
- You will see a list of all your domain registered.
- Click on Manage button corresponding to the domain you want to transfer
- In the next screen, click on Change Account
- Enter the email ID of the other account to which you want to transfer your domain
- Confirm your email Address
- If you know the customer ID of the recipient account, please click on I have the recipient’s account username
- In Domain’s contact information, select one of the following:
NOTE: The new registrant’s Customer # or login name might be required or optional depending on what you select here. For Enter new details, it is optional. For all other options, it is required. If entered, the value must match information on file in the receiving account.
- Enter new details — Enter contact information for the new registrant.
- Use details from specified customer account — Use contact information from the account you entered in step 6.
- Do not change — Retain the contact information currently assigned to the domain name you are moving.
- Select Keep the current nameservers for this domain to retain the current nameservers for the domain name. If you do not select this option, we park the domain name when the new registrant activates it in the new account.
- Click Next.
- If you selected Enter new details, complete the mandatory fields marked with *, and then click Next:
- Accept Terms & Conditions
NOTE: When you change the Organization or the First name or the Last name (in the absence of an Organization entry), you must agree to a 60-day lockdown to continue. If you have a .au domain name, a 60-day lock will not apply.
- Click Finish.
- Now login to another Godaddy Account, in which you have transfer your domain
- Click on Manage in front of Domain Tab
- Click on Domain -> Pending Account Changes
- You will see your domain in Incoming Account Changes Tab.
- Click the Checkbox in front of domain & click on Accept.
- Now you are done. & Domain will be transferred to your account within 5 minutes.
Note : In the above post, you will learn how to Transfer Domain from one account to another Godaddy. After moving domain, please check your website, because it may stop functioning. Please always double check the nameserver of your domain is up to date. Thanks for reading our tutorials.